Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord Server
Latest topics
» Hai, its me IDK :)
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm by Taffel

» Player Newbie Crasher and Insulting
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:04 am by Wallace_Portugal

» [Report] ARG TDI (subofer)
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 am by Guest

» Cozmic's Gallery of Random Fails, Crashes, etc.
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am by TheCozmicDragon

» {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:32 am by Guest

» [RO] Andrei's Album
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am by Guest

» "Pros" going ww and deceiving a player
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 8:09 am by VANKO

» COMPENSATION FOR PEREULOK USERS READ FIRST*
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 4:23 am by tariksarper

» DolbyPro's Album
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 2:15 am by Lewis

Donation
Top posters
Scelder
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_vote_lcapShowoff Command Doesn't Work? I_voting_barShowoff Command Doesn't Work? I_vote_rcap 
Nadeox1
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_vote_lcapShowoff Command Doesn't Work? I_voting_barShowoff Command Doesn't Work? I_vote_rcap 
Avitron
Jacob
LoriX
P Bobby
AidanMurphy
Neko
Francisc
Volvo V70
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Visitors
Showoff Command Doesn't Work? Flags_0

Showoff Command Doesn't Work?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ken Block #43
[SCS]Officer
[SCS]Officer

Showoff Command Doesn't Work? Empty
PostSubject: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 10:40 pm

Hey,

I keep having this problem in the server where the !showoff command doesn't work. It started a few weeks after the servers came back online and since then it hasn't worked at all. What happens is, i press the T button to write a message and then type !showoff in the box where it says 'Enter Message'. But when i press Enter on the keyboard or click the OK button with the mouse, it doesn't do anything. The message dialogue just disappears and that's it.

It's weird because all the other commands work fine, i can type !usepotato, !prices, !help, !pitlane and !pitsafe and they all work flawlessly. But when i input !showoff the message box just vanishes and that's all that happens. I have asked about this a few times in the server but no-one else has the same problem, and people can demonstrate to me that their !showoff commands work fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

Thanks,
Ken Block #43
Back to top Go down
Ken Block #43
[SCS]Officer
[SCS]Officer

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 12:35 pm

I still can't believe no-one else has this problem, everyone thinks i'm crazy when i ask about this in the server. xD I don't know what is causing the issue, maybe i should reinstall the game and see whether that makes any difference. Seems odd how it only affects the !showoff command tho. Everything else works like it should which is bizarre.
Back to top Go down
victor_c
Getting Good
Getting Good
victor_c

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Maybe install in another directory and try. All that time im thinking what causes that problem and... and i have no fkin idea.
Back to top Go down
Ken Block #43
[SCS]Officer
[SCS]Officer

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 11:49 pm

victor_c wrote:
Maybe install in another directory and try. All that time im thinking what causes that problem and... and i have no fkin idea.

I don't know either, it's so damn weird. xD Well i have re-downloaded LFS and made a new installation of it into a separate directory on my SSD, so when the server comes back online i will have chance to test it and see what happens!
Back to top Go down
Lewis
Monky
Monky
Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 2:01 am

Mate, it will be a bug with the InSim. Any commands that you type in LFS containing (!) have nothing to do with your LFS base game. It only interacts with the InSim and that's it.

So, reinstalling LFS a million times, installing on a different HDD or SSD, restarting it a hundred times, will not make any difference.

It is either your stats which are bugged or something that is wrong with the InSim. Contact Jacob about it at some point or just mention it to him.
Back to top Go down
Ken Block #43
[SCS]Officer
[SCS]Officer

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 2:26 am

Dolby wrote:
Mate, it will be a bug with the InSim. Any commands that you type in LFS containing (!) have nothing to do with your LFS base game. It only interacts with the InSim and that's it.

So, reinstalling LFS a million times, installing on a different HDD or SSD, restarting it a hundred times, will not make any difference.

It is either your stats which are bugged or something that is wrong with the InSim. Contact Jacob about it at some point or just mention it to him.

Thanks for the response! Yeah you're right, i had a feeling that would be the case but i wasn't sure what else to do. I tried reinstalling like i mentioned in my previous post and sure enough, it didn't make any difference to the problem. It just seems so bizarre how it's only me with this issue, for everyone else the !showoff command works fine.

When the server came back online this afternoon i went in and tried it on the new installation, joined the server and pressed T to launch the message dialogue, then typed '!showoff' and pressed enter. Nothing happened as always, so i asked for someone to watch the chat while i typed it again and see whether my stats appeared for them but it didn't work. Perhaps a bit far-fetched but i thought maybe, that my stats might not have been appearing for myself but showing for everyone else in the server. But that wasn't it either.

Almost everyone in the server at the time participated in demonstrating their !showoff commands, and i was the only person who had the problem. :-/ It's just so odd and i don't really understand why it's happening, haha. It kinda sucks because the !showoff command is one of the most important and useful other than !pitlane and !pitsafe.

I think it's like you said, there is probably something wrong with my stats/account or maybe an issue with the InSim which is causing this problem for me. I will contact Jacob and hopefully he can have a look into it, that would be excellent. :-)
Back to top Go down
Lewis
Monky
Monky
Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 4:11 am

It's definitely something to do with your account. I'm sure Jacob will fix it when he gets a chance.
Back to top Go down
Metagross
Administrator
Administrator
Metagross

ranks Pls

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Yes it's probably the insim. I remember when some years ago my account was bugged and i couldn't get bank bonus T_T
Back to top Go down
Ken Block #43
[SCS]Officer
[SCS]Officer

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 7:57 pm

Hmm, well i sent Jacob a PM on Thursday but haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully he will either read the message at some point or alternatively see the thread here and realise. Otherwise i'll probably need to ask when he's next online in the server. :-)
Back to top Go down
Ken Block #43
[SCS]Officer
[SCS]Officer

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 12:28 am

Woohoo, i have a solution to this annoying issue at last! I found someone else in the server with the same problem, complaining about how their showoff command didn't work anymore, so i mentioned the fact i was having the same bug and someone (R.DRIFT) kindly offered a solution which is to simply change the driver name. Mine was set to Ken Block™ #43 so i switched it back to Ken Block #43 without the ™ and the issue was resolved. :-) I changed the name a few months back and i think this is the reason it probably stopped working, but i didn't realise there was any connection between the !showoff command issue and the adjusted driver name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showoff Command Doesn't Work?   Showoff Command Doesn't Work? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Showoff Command Doesn't Work?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: [SCS]General Discussion :: [SCS]Problems-
Jump to: