Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord Server
Latest topics
» Hai, its me IDK :)
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm by Taffel

» Player Newbie Crasher and Insulting
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:04 am by Wallace_Portugal

» [Report] ARG TDI (subofer)
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 am by Guest

» Cozmic's Gallery of Random Fails, Crashes, etc.
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am by TheCozmicDragon

» {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:32 am by Guest

» [RO] Andrei's Album
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am by Guest

» "Pros" going ww and deceiving a player
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 8:09 am by VANKO

» COMPENSATION FOR PEREULOK USERS READ FIRST*
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 4:23 am by tariksarper

» DolbyPro's Album
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 2:15 am by Lewis

Donation
Top posters
Scelder
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_vote_lcapFrancisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_voting_barFrancisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Nadeox1
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_vote_lcapFrancisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_voting_barFrancisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Avitron
Jacob
LoriX
P Bobby
AidanMurphy
Neko
Francisc
Volvo V70
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Visitors
Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 Flags_0

Francisc's Pictures

Go down 
+7
LFS Swift1.0
firestarter
vassilisz22
Scelder
Taffel
Jacob
Francisc
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metagross
Administrator
Administrator
Metagross

ranks Pls

Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 1:05 am

Holy shet 17€ .-. For 16$ you can buy an Aolong GT, lel.

Btw, my actual record is 24.27 seconds, with a Yuxin 3x3 with all internal parts of a Zhanchi. Normally i do 30-35 seconds. I should have moved to Fridrich method a long time ago, but im lazy and busy with school xDD Keep practicing men ._.
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 1:57 am

I'm already learning fridrich, but it's a hell of a method .-. Learned about 5 algorithms out of 130. I think i will learn the F2L in about 6 months, and then oll and pll in another 6 months ._. For the moment i can solve it faster with the begginer method. Question, how did you get that record, in how much time? i mean since when you started until the record how much time it passed?, it passed about 40 days until i got 53.88.
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 2:02 am

New record, 52.06. .-.
Back to top Go down
Metagross
Administrator
Administrator
Metagross

ranks Pls

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 3:11 am

It's hard to know, because i started at age 14 with a Rubiks brand cube, and after a few weeks of doing like 1 and a half minutes i stopped for like 1 year. Then i bought a Dayan Guhong V1, but it came in a bad shape (i didnt noticed it cause never had a good cube before), and it was very stiff. With that cube i managed to get under 1 minute, and then i stopped again.

Then at age 17 i bought a Moyu Huanying (i think i was 17, but anyways, just when that cube was released), and there's when i really started to enjoy speedsolving, cause i finally got a good cube. Then i bought lots and lots of cubes, until now. Sincerely i dont solve the cube a lot, just maybe 2 or 3 times per day.

Right now, if you can learn F2L, it will be good, but dont learn anything else yet. The problem with Fridrich is that it has a lot of things to check in each step to see which algorithm to use, so if you still dont have enough speed with checking cube states, Fridrich will actually slow you down.

I will see if i can upload a video of me solving it, so you can see that.
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 3:28 am

I'm fast, but i'm getting lost sometimes, that's what makes me lose time. I can do the white plus in 10 secs, first layer in 15 secs, second layer in 15 secs, last layer 15 secs. But sometimes i'm like ''wtf wheres that edge'' and i lose like 1 sec searching for it. Im actually using 1 algorithm for the first layer, 2 algorithms for second layer, and 4 algorithms for the last layer. And as i said, i learned 5 algorithms from F2L but it doesn't make me fast yet, because i spend like 5 secs searchin for the good algorithm, imagine 5 possible ways to make it but you have to find the good way .-. It will get better in time
Back to top Go down
Metagross
Administrator
Administrator
Metagross

ranks Pls

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 4:11 am

It's good, but i think you take way too much time to do the white plus. Normally I do it in 2 seconds. Maybe you don't spend enough time inspecting the cube? What you have to do in inspection time is looking for a way to make the white plus fast. During the inspection time, the clock isn't running yet, so take your time, so take it easy and find the 4 edges, and then start the clock and do it.

One trick i do for the white plus is not matching the edges with the centers, but in a nice way. I do it with the white center on top, so if put the white/green edge at my left, i inmediately know that the blue one will go at my right, the red one at front and the orange on back. so i just do it that way, and when i finish, i just turn the white layer to match all the centers with the edges at once, and plus done.

Here's me solving the cube (MoYu Weilong V2 54.5mm):

PD: My desk is a mess, i know xD
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 4:33 am

Your cube is way better. I have to adjust mine because it sometimes doesn't cut the angles good. I will try and make a video to show you.
Back to top Go down
Metagross
Administrator
Administrator
Metagross

ranks Pls

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 4:43 am

That's why i wondered how that cube costed you 17€ xDD But anyways, i wanted you to see how i was actually turning almost non-stop, cause i dont take too much time looking for the pieces. Most of the time, i'm actually checking the state of the cube before even finishing the algorithm im doing, so when i finish it, i can start the next algorithm inmediately.
Back to top Go down
Garfield
Monky
Monky
Garfield

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:08 am

meta srsly im better than u but i dont have this box with random colors :/
Back to top Go down
Taffel
Administrator
Administrator
Taffel

ranks Hello

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Metagross wrote:
It's good, but i think you take way too much time to do the white plus. Normally I do it in 2 seconds. Maybe you don't spend enough time inspecting the cube? What you have to do in inspection time is looking for a way to make the white plus fast. During the inspection time, the clock isn't running yet, so take your time, so take it easy and find the 4 edges, and then start the clock and do it.

One trick i do for the white plus is not matching the edges with the centers, but in a nice way. I do it with the white center on top, so if put the white/green edge at my left, i inmediately know that the blue one will go at my right, the red one at front and the orange on back. so i just do it that way, and when i finish, i just turn the white layer to match all the centers with the edges at once, and plus done.

Here's me solving the cube (MoYu Weilong V2 54.5mm):

PD: My desk is a mess, i know xD
Cute and fast hands, you must fap good Xd men
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 5:21 am

Me, solving the cube.. meta sensei pls teach me better
Back to top Go down
Metagross
Administrator
Administrator
Metagross

ranks Pls

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 9:54 am

Well, apart of what i already told you about the white plus (in which practice is all you need), i see where you need to improve. You need to improve in F2L. That's quite obvious, as you're starting with it, but unfortunately i can't help you with that, as i dont do F2L.

But I can help you with the last layer when orientating corners, where i saw 2 mistakes:

The first one is that you use the same algorithm for the 2 possible states of the corner, which in 1 of them is good, but in the other one you have to do the algorithm twice, so you're losing time there. The only thing you have to do to fix it is, for that second state, doing the same algorithm but reversed. You can figure it out by starting with the cube solved, doing the algorithm, and then trying to do the opposite you did, to go back to the solved state.

The second one is that you spent nearly 6 seconds inspecting the cube just for checking the states of the 4 corners. You dont need that. The only thing you need to know is the state of the corner you're orientating, so just look at the first one, solve it, turn the top layer, check the state of the second corner, solve it, etc. The trick to not waste time between algorithms is to check just what you need to know for the next one. For example, when doing the yellow plus, you only need to look at the yellow edges from the top. Apply the same principle for corner orientation.

Also, something i notice is that most people that use beginner method orientates the corners by turning the bottom layer. That's not bad at all, but it's not the fastest way to do it. Btw, that algorithm is usually called "Sexy move" (just in case you didn't know xD). I also used to do it with bottom layer, but i noticed pretty soon that the good thing about the sexy move is that you can use it however you like, and since the index finger will always be faster and more precise than the ring finger, i now use the sexy move with the top layer, and leave the bottom layer just for moving to the next corner. At least in my case, that helped a lot. If you do that, you will probably orientate corners way faster, and you'll get rid of those annoying catches xD

I hope that helps you ^_^
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 10:14 am

Metagross wrote:
you use the same algorithm for the 2 possible states of the corner, which in 1 of them is good, but in the other one you have to do the algorithm twice, so you're losing time there.

I know the second one too, but i don't have time to check the colors and then do it, idk..

Metagross wrote:
The second one is that you spent nearly 6 seconds inspecting the cube just for checking the states of the 4 corners. You dont need that. The only thing you need to know is the state of the corner you're orientating, so just look at the first one, solve it, turn the top layer, check the state of the second corner, solve it, etc. The trick to not waste time between algorithms is to check just what you need to know for the next one. For example, when doing the yellow plus, you only need to look at the yellow edges from the top. Apply the same principle for corner orientation.

Right

Metagross wrote:
Also, something i notice is that most people that use beginner method orientates the corners by turning the bottom layer. That's not bad at all, but it's not the fastest way to do it. Btw, that algorithm is usually called "Sexy move" (just in case you didn't know xD). I also used to do it with bottom layer, but i noticed pretty soon that the good thing about the sexy move is that you can use it however you like, and since the index finger will always be faster and more precise than the ring finger, i now use the sexy move with the top layer, and leave the bottom layer just for moving to the next corner. At least in my case, that helped a lot. If you do that, you will probably orientate corners way faster, and you'll get rid of those annoying catches xD

I hope that helps you ^_^

Gosh, why didn't i think like that .-. You helped me a lot, you deserve a cookie. xD Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Metagross
Administrator
Administrator
Metagross

ranks Pls

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

Also, just in case you check all the 3 colors of the corner. Don't. Just check the yellow sticker, the other 2 colors of the corner are irrelevant for corner orientation xD
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:55 am

Metagross wrote:
Also, just in case you check all the 3 colors of the corner. Don't. Just check the yellow sticker, the other 2 colors of the corner are irrelevant for corner orientation xD

In the algorithm i use, i need to check the colors.
Back to top Go down
Metagross
Administrator
Administrator
Metagross

ranks Pls

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 4:32 am

Noo that's what i told you, you can use the sexy move as you want. We're using using it in different ways, but the effect is the same, a corner gets rotated. In my case, i do it with the top and left layers, so the corner which gets orientated is the front-bottom-left corner (with the yellow layer at bottom). I just check the yellow sticker of it, if it's on bottom, it's already orientated, if its on left, sexy move, if it's on front, reversed sexy move. Maybe i should make a video to show you xD
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 4:58 am

I'm used to make the 'sexy move' in the way i do it. I can't change it so easy, but i will do my best. I will try to make it in the front right corner, since i'm fast there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Francisc's Pictures   Francisc's Pictures - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Francisc's Pictures
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3