Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord Server
Latest topics
» Hai, its me IDK :)
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 11:26 am by Jorks

» Player Newbie Crasher and Insulting
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:04 am by Wallace_Portugal

» [Report] ARG TDI (subofer)
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 am by Guest

» Cozmic's Gallery of Random Fails, Crashes, etc.
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am by TheCozmicDragon

» {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:32 am by Guest

» [RO] Andrei's Album
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am by Guest

» "Pros" going ww and deceiving a player
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 8:09 am by VANKO

» COMPENSATION FOR PEREULOK USERS READ FIRST*
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 4:23 am by tariksarper

» DolbyPro's Album
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 2:15 am by Lewis

Donation
Top posters
Scelder
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_vote_lcap{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_voting_bar{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_vote_rcap 
Nadeox1
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_vote_lcap{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_voting_bar{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_vote_rcap 
Avitron
Jacob
LoriX
P Bobby
AidanMurphy
Neko
Francisc
Volvo V70
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Visitors
{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe Flags_0

{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe Empty
PostSubject: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 11:34 am

This is our official Strobe application. I didn't have time to design it's aspect, it looks bad, I admit it, but at least it works. Remember that it is still alpha, not even beta.

I'll just drop it here, take it, test it and gimme some feedback, if it's positive I'll take care of the remaining problems.

Arrow DOWNLOAD

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Features Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
- Both types of sirens available;
- Intermittent use of hazard lights and headlights when activating siren, using different patterns when cycling through types of sirens (the pattern is always changing depending on when the user changes the siren);
- Ads about our server and forum;
- Really small executable that can be used from anywhere in your PC;
- Auto switch between sirens.

scratch How to use:
- Download;
- Put the application in the root folder of LFS [A.K.A where you installed the game (just to be easy for you to locate it, else you can put it wherever you want to)];
- Run it;
- Done.

Exclamation Minimum requirements:
- Windows Vista;
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5;
- Live For Speed 0.6M.

study Known issues

Last edited by crazyje on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 am; edited 42 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 3:48 am

Updated the application and it's description. No changes were made to the visual part of it.

No one tried it so far?
Back to top Go down
Scelder
[SCS]Co-Owner
[SCS]Co-Owner
Scelder

ranks Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 7:55 am

I tested the application and I'm really satisfied with the outcome, it works very well on our server too.

Just one thing, it took some time for me to find out how the hell it should work, only then I used the "help" tab just to realize it was all there.
So if you could just make a Pop up window so that everytime you open it, you get instructions right to your face and perhaps add "Do not show again" if possible Smile

I'm really happy with your work.

EDIT:

Topic moved to "Police conditions" for an easier reach to cops.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LTkietux

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 11:03 am

Update:

- Solved the problem of headlights remaining on when turning off siren;
- Added the window with instructions on how to use the application that Scelder requested, which pops up when the application starts ("Do not show again" for this window will be added in the next update.);
- Updated the description in this topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 6:26 am

Update:

- Added the "Do not show again" option that Scelder requested;
- Found out what was the problem of sound interruption. It was a window focusing thing, but now it should work fine while the game is in fullscreen mode;
- Updated the download link and this topic's description.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 1:36 am

Update:

- Fixed an issue where registered controls (Page Up and Page Down) would remain registered when closing the app, interfering with other programs that may use the above specified keys for their own purposes;
- Fixed some designing elements that were not supposed to be where they were;
- Fixed the events that send LFS instructions to display ads about our server and forum (they repeat every 5 minutes);
- Minor color corrections of in-game messages;
- Added an "About" window into the strobe with details about the app and a link to our forum;
- Updated the download link.

I would like more feedback please, not only from one person.
Back to top Go down
Francisc
Administrator
Administrator
Francisc

ranks Administrator

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:08 am

Not bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 am

Francisc wrote:
Not bad.
Best feedback ever lol!
Back to top Go down
Scelder
[SCS]Co-Owner
[SCS]Co-Owner
Scelder

ranks Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 5:27 am

MAKE THE FORUM BUTTON ON THE HOME PAGE OF THAT PROGRAM WE NEED THAT ADS BRO! xD

Still.

Good work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:02 am

Scelder wrote:
MAKE THE FORUM BUTTON ON THE HOME PAGE OF THAT PROGRAM WE NEED THAT ADS BRO! xD
Done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 am

Ok, so I changed all the buttons in the main window of the strobe with ones that have customized text on them, but I'm afraid I fked everything up with those so I need opinions, should I revert them to the original state or should I leave them like that?
Back to top Go down
Scelder
[SCS]Co-Owner
[SCS]Co-Owner
Scelder

ranks Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 4:07 am

They do look a bit weird, I'd say go with the ones that were before or maybe some different type but with more structure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Yeah, I reverted the buttons to their original state. For now I have no idea how to design the window for a better look, if anyone wants to help, be my guest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 am

What about this?:
Back to top Go down
Scelder
[SCS]Co-Owner
[SCS]Co-Owner
Scelder

ranks Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 9:07 am

That's better I guess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 4:43 am

Update:

- Completely remodeled app's design;
- Modified some things in order to make this app safer;
- Minor bug fixes;
- Added personalized icon;
- Updated download link.
Back to top Go down
speecdrift
Getting Good
Getting Good
speecdrift

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 12:01 am

Crazyje, how do you send the packets to lfs without insim dll?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 12:30 am

They're automatically generated every time they're needed and that's one of the key features of this app. Needing no extra files means that you can move it from one directory to another, at any time, without fearing that you forgot to take some specific files (that other apps may need in order to work correctly) and without altering it's functionality.
Back to top Go down
speecdrift
Getting Good
Getting Good
speecdrift

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 2:39 am

You could teach me how I discover how many bytes and buffers I need to use?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 2:46 am

I found everything I needed here, here and in a text file called "InSim.txt" located in the "docs" directory of LFS. If you need an example, or inspiration, take a look here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 am

Update:

- Added a "Options" window, under the "File" menu, which allows the user to change the mode that sirens are controlled. There are 2 modes: "Manual" (the default setting) and "Auto". While "Auto" mode is selected, the user can set custom time intervals which represent the duration of each siren. If there is no custom interval set, the app will use it's own intervals (30 seconds slow siren, then 15 seconds fast siren);
- Updated the download link.

P.S. If you test this version, and you spot any bug, please report it in this topic. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
victor_c
Getting Good
Getting Good
victor_c

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:17 am

According to virustotal.com it is some kind of malware here diagnosed by heuristics.
Log says that:
avname: Qihoo-360 - HEUR/QVM03.0.0000.Malware.Gen virbase: 20170128

You are not alone with this problem, prolly you're using VS2015. Thats all i can say about this app Smile Anyway it is a gud job, huge thanks for your time Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:20 am

I am indeed using VS2015, but I can totally assure everyone that there is no malware Smile
Back to top Go down
victor_c
Getting Good
Getting Good
victor_c

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:35 am

i know that, i've made a small research on google Very Happy so that i know about your vs version Very Happy maybe you have sth dirty on you pc? you may even dont know about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:41 am

It is possible or maybe the fact the app is working with windows' registry, but i don't think that that may be a problem since any app works with the registry... and so far you are the only one who found a malware in this strobe. I will scan it myself and see what my antivirus is saying and I will post a pic as proof.

EDIT:
Scan settings part 1:
Scan settings part 2:
Scan results part 1:
Scan results part 2:

EDIT 2:
Another possibility is that you may have had a false positive, idk what could be the problem... I've uploaded myself on virustotal.com and yes, it says that it is a malware, still no idea why, code is clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe   {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next