Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord Server
Latest topics
» Hai, its me IDK :)
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm by Taffel

» Player Newbie Crasher and Insulting
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:04 am by Wallace_Portugal

» [Report] ARG TDI (subofer)
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 am by Guest

» Cozmic's Gallery of Random Fails, Crashes, etc.
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am by TheCozmicDragon

» {APP} [SCS]Cruise City Strobe
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:32 am by Guest

» [RO] Andrei's Album
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 am by Guest

» "Pros" going ww and deceiving a player
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 8:09 am by VANKO

» COMPENSATION FOR PEREULOK USERS READ FIRST*
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 4:23 am by tariksarper

» DolbyPro's Album
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 2:15 am by Lewis

Donation
Top posters
Scelder
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_vote_lcapExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_voting_barExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_vote_rcap 
Nadeox1
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_vote_lcapExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_voting_barExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_vote_rcap 
Avitron
Jacob
LoriX
P Bobby
AidanMurphy
Neko
Francisc
Volvo V70
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Visitors
ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. Flags_0

ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.

Go down 
+2
Lewis
carroll710
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carroll710
Getting Good
Getting Good
carroll710

ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. Empty
PostSubject: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Who banned you?: [SCS]Jacob

How long you think he banned you?: Forever, or until I donate.

He banned you for?: Please see the information/screenshots below. It explains it better.

Why the ban is unfair for you?

First of all, I want to thank you in advance if you read all of this. I've only written a couple sentences so far but I know it's going to be lengthy. I hope I can get some admins and members that I've cruised with for hours on end to support me. I'm going to spend some time on this forum post to explain why I'm here writing this. I never would have imagined myself having to post in the "Ban Appeal" section of the forum. It breaks my heart knowing that I was banned.

Some history/basic information for some of the new cruisers on SCS:

• My real name is Michael. I am 16 years old. I live in the USA.

• I've only had a few ingame names. Most know me as ExTREME. I've also been known as Tow>ExTREME and [SCS]ExTREME.

• I started playing on SCS on November 11th, 2011. (That's 11/11/11. Cool, huh?)

• I applied to join the SCS team as a member on January 20th, 2012. I was accepted on March 15th, 2012. That's up there on one of the most exciting days of my life. I was so pumped to be apart of the SCS team.

• Not many of you know it, but in 2013 I began hosting SCS voluntarily. I wasn't getting anything to do it, but I just wanted to help out SCS because at the time they were having problems finding a host. This normally isn't expected, because I was only a member. In my eyes I was doing a good deed. In some other cruisers' eyes, SCS was in my hands and it was up to me and only me to keep it running.

• After having bandwidth limit problems with my ISP and too much school work to do, I stopped hosting SCS to free up my time and stress.

• Shortly after, I was banned from SCS forever. Please read some of my Skype messages with Jacob below to find out why.

I broke down the parts of our conversation into 5 screenshots.

1st part:
2nd part:
3rd part:
4th part:
5th part:

These messages were sent and received between December 9th, 2013, and December 21st, 2013. I hope those screenshots help you understand my side of the argument, as well as Jacob's side.

On March 12th, 2013, I donated $1 USD to the server. That converts to 0.72 euros.
Donation Proof:
Unfortunately, because of fees, it turned out to be less than that amount. As you could see from the screenshots, Jacob said that he would unban me no matter how much I donate. He said himself that every bit helps. I'm still not unbanned.

Also, I just wanted to "shoutout" at some of my friends I've made through SCS.

1. Amitabh Patel, or Patel151. Only a few of you probably remember him. He ended up becoming a hated cruiser on SCS. The first day I cruised on SCS, he was on there as a member. He explained the server to me and helped me complete my first few jobs. I do not talk to him anymore due to his permanent ban on SCS.

2. Punk/natedawg809/Nate. He became a real good friend that I met through SCS. I remember having endless conversations on skype with him. It's too bad I don't talk to him much anymore.

3. LoRiX. He applied to become a SCS member only 3 days before me. We went through the experience together. We've had some good times cruising together.

4. Lewis/DolbyPro. This is my most recent friend I've made through SCS. We have had many conversations on Skype in addition to the server. I was there for him when he applied for member. He has been there for me throughout this whole hosting/banning issue. Thank you, Lewis.

5. Jacob. Yes Jacob. Even though we have had our problems, he has trusted me in times he shouldn't have. Even if I did a crappy job, he trusted me to host the server. I feel so bad that I failed him. I'm sorry, Jacob.

As you can see, I've made some good friends through SCS (I'm very sorry if I missed someone). If I don't get unbanned, I may lose them forever. Please don't let this happen. SCS means the world to me. I just want to cruise again. I'm reaching out to the SCS community. I need your help. Please help the admins make the right decision. And Jacob, I want to say to you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for being so irresponsible. Please forgive me.
Back to top Go down
Lewis
Monky
Monky
Lewis

PostSubject: Re: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Okay, Since I assume I'm possibly the first person to see this, I'm going to say what I think.

I agree with both Mikes side, And Jacobs side of the whole "Argument". I think that because it was rare that a member would get the trust and respect to be able to host SCS, people expected it to be on 24/7, and people probably thought that you would only be hosting if it was worth it.

I am also agreeing with the fact that it is unfortunate that Mike had to stop hosting due to having problems with his Network Provider and having a lot of school work to keep up with. As it will be for most people, Education would most likely come first before SCS.

At the same time I am also agreeing with Jacob. I DO think that Mike and Jacob should have made contact with each other (I know Jacob tried to) and that they should have talked together about whats going on. I do find it annoying that we lost our stats and ended up getting old stats, along with the rest of the community.

I think it is more than fair and obvious that Mike HAS made a clear and honest apology to mainly Jacob, But also the rest of the SCS Community. Jacob said that if Mike donated, then he would unbann him from the server and would be given another "Chance". I personally think that the fact Jacob said this to mike, and he isn't unbanned, Isn't fair.

Of course, This is a decision of which Jacob and the other admins should make together, But I do think that it is unfair Mike is still banned, Especially after donating for a server he currently cant play in.
Back to top Go down
Garfield
Monky
Monky
Garfield

PostSubject: Re: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:24 am

dude u make alot of ppl to be bored because u wasnt giving files u was ignoring everyone to give him files u just dont give a #Inappropriate Content Censored# about scs and now when u got punishement and u wanna be unbanned for pretty bad thing because u paid 0.72 dolar ? wtf, because of u server was offline like 3-4 months pay for 4 months of hosting and u will have more chance to be unbanned <_>
Back to top Go down
Ph0nic
You Ned a Nawbi
You Ned a Nawbi
Ph0nic

PostSubject: Re: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:24 am

I don't know what to say. To this day I was not even aware that you were banned. But Jacob did say
Quote :
[10/4/2013 11:20:54 AM] Jacob Cosmin: you will be fired and banned forever soon
[12/9/2013 4:36:17 PM] Michael: can we talk finally?
so I'm not surprised that he did what he said. Was it the best option he chose to do? No but I don't know if he just tried to get you to talk with a ban threat. There was & is nothing I could have done or could do to help the server if it went offline so I'll just stay quiet about how the server was off for months because of whatever reasons.

Only thing I just can't understand even now is how the information didn't go to the other person in any way for such a long time?

Should you be allowed to be driving in SCS again in my opinion? Yes. If I was Jacob I would have removed you from SCS team and tried to find some other way to host. The ban would not have been necessary in my case.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/zozze
Jacob
Special
Special
Jacob

PostSubject: Re: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:16 am

I didn't overreact with the situation , I would do it again with anyone of you. And I didn't unban you because I was coming from work , sleeping 6 hours and then back again to work.

I think this conversation is over
Back to top Go down
carroll710
Getting Good
Getting Good
carroll710

PostSubject: Re: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:13 am

DolbyPro - Thanks for the nice words. I agree that I should've had more responsibility and communication with Jacob.

Garfield - I love cats but I think every part if your statement is false.

Garfield wrote:
dude u make alot of ppl to be bored because u wasnt giving files

Once again, my title as SCS staff was "MEMBER". When I was member, we kicked, spectated, and banned. We weren't expected to host the whole server. Secondly, I didn't "give files", meaning the stats, because HE NEVER ASKED FOR THEM! That is why I included all of the messages I sent and received to Jacob. I expected you to read them before making an invalid argument.

Garfield wrote:
u just dont give a #Inappropriate Content Censored# about scs

Do you even know me? Maybe you should have read my appeal where I talk about myself. I've been playing on SCS for years. I've been on SCS staff for a couple years. I have thousands of KM on the server. I volunteered to host the server! And I don't give a hoot about it?!? Wrong. Why would I even be here typing this? You know what I do give a #Inappropriate Content Censored# about? School work, hence why there was an interruption in my good deed, hosting the server.

Garfield wrote:
u got punishement and u wanna be unbanned for pretty bad thing

I can't do anything about my punishment. That was completely Jacob's choice. But then again, why did I get punished? It isn't my duty as a member to host the whole server. No member would have ever been asked to do that and held against it. I volunteered to do it. According to Google, the definition of "volunteer" is to freely offer to do something. That was exactly what I did. Not once when I started to host did Jacob say "if you stop hosting you're getting banned". He was just happy that the server was up. Yes I want to be unbanned, but it isn't a "pretty bad thing". My title wasn't [SCS]Host. It was not my obligation; anyone else could have done it just as well or better than me.

Garfield wrote:
u paid 0.72 dolar

I donated $1 USD to the server. That converts to 0.72 euros. Because of fees, my donation turned out to be even less than that. If you read the included Skype screenshots, at no point does Jacob give me a specific amount I have to donate. I asked how much I should donate. His reply to that question is
Jacob wrote:
if you want to play on scs donate whatever amount you would like that will help the server in future
. I donated an amount, and guess what? I'm still banned.  So no, I'm not going to
Garfield wrote:
pay for 4 months of hosting
because that was not required of me. Onto my next argument.

Garfield wrote:
because of u server was offline like 3-4 months

Oh really? Because of me the server was offline for 4 months?!? Once again, it wasn't my duty to host the server. I did it out of good will. ANYONE ELSE COULD HAVE HOSTED! For an example, Garfield, it was your fault the server was off for 4 months. See? It wasn't you fault, because it isn't your responsibility to host, nor was it mine. A better question to ask would be, "Why wasn't anyone hosting the server those 4 months? Jacob? Kietux? Garfield?" For God's sake... are we just playing the blame game here? And don't just say "Blah blah we needed the stats". Well then, why didn't you ask me? What about for the few months I hosted. Is no one taking that into consideration? I wasn't just a bad host. I hosted the server 24/7 for at least a couple of months. Garfield, I guarantee you were on the server then. Your welcome.

Ph0nic - Nice to meet you, I don't think we have ever met, and you're an admin! Thanks for replying, even if you didn't know me well. I sure didn't know you.

Ph0nic wrote:
To this day I was not even aware that you were banned.

You have no reason to be aware. I'm not on the general ban list like I should be.

Ph0nic wrote:
Only thing I just can't understand even now is how the information didn't go to the other person in any way for such a long time?

No one really knew I was hosting. The people that did know were not nice about it. If the server was down even for an hour, I would hear about it. But whatever, at least Jacob was nice. When all this happened, no one heard because there was no ban report or a submission on the general ban list. Jacob basically did this secretly. That's why I'd like something done.

Ph0nic wrote:
If I was Jacob I would have removed you from SCS team and tried to find some other way to host.

Exactly. It wasn't up to me and only me to host the server; anyone else could have done it. It was not all my fault that the server was off for 4 months. Yes I could have been hosting, but so could have anyone else. Therefore, It was not necessary to ban me.

Jacob - I'm not even going to reply to what you said. I hope you read what I've told Garfield and Ph0nic and can understand my point. Just remember one thing. We aren't arguing over a million euros or dollars. We are arguing over whether or not I should be allowed to play a game with my friends. We are only this age once. Try to loosen up and let me have fun. While I hate the phrase; YOLO - you only live once. Please, give me another chance.
Back to top Go down
carroll710
Getting Good
Getting Good
carroll710

PostSubject: Re: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 am

I guess I didn't know that I was unbanned. I was too caught up in the whole situation. I suppose Jacob hinted that he was meaning to unban me, but I just didn't understand his reply. I was too caught up in the "I didn't overreact with the situation" part. Thank you Dolby, Garfield, and Ph0nic for replying. You guys mean the world to me - besides cats, I don't like them anymore.  Very Happy 

Jacob - Thank you.
Thank you for all the work you do for the server. Thank you for coding an awesome insim. Thank you for being who you are. Lastly, thank you for giving me a second chance. You won't regret it.

Unless anyone has anything else to say, an admin can lock this topic. Hopefully I never have to write in the ban appeal section as a non-staff member ever again.
Back to top Go down
Scelder
[SCS]Co-Owner
[SCS]Co-Owner
Scelder

ranks Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:26 am

carroll710 wrote:
Hopefully I never have to write in the ban appeal section as a non-staff member ever again.

You are not staff ._.

Anyways TOPIC LOCKED
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LTkietux
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.   ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ExTREME's Ban Appeal - Asking for a second chance.
Page 1 of 1